This is a more in-depth course which is based on RoSPA 4×4 Corporate training; the same as we provide to Mountain Rescue England and Wales.
- Learn how your 4×4 works on and off-road
- Understanding terrain conditions
- Use of high/low range
- How to tackle obstacles such as hill climbs, failed hill climb recovery, side slopes, mud, rock crawls and driving through water
- How to use a flip chart
- Coffee break
- Practical driving at Askham Bryan College purpose made 4×4 course one of our vehicles (you choose manual or auto)
- Lunch in Pickering included
- You will spend the afternoon putting in to practise what you have learned in the “real world” of the North Yorkshire Moors, including rivers crossings, muddy lanes and rock crawls
You can use your vehicle if suitably prepared or one of our vehicles.
The course will be delivered on one instructor to two persons maximum ratio.